Saturday, January 14, 2012

Breakfast cookies

Oh man these are such a hit at our house. When I make them its like having something naughty for breakfast. You should of seen the first time I made them for breakfast my kids were like ummmmmm??? We can eat cookies for breakfast? Loved it!
I have not taken pictures when I make them. I keep telling myself to take pictures next time and I forget each time well because I usually have extra hands helping.
Breakfast cookies
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk (I use almond milk we have a allergy in the house)
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups whole rolled oats
  • 1 cup of dried fruit (or chocolate chips if you want to spoil kiddos)
Pre heat oven 350.
Mix all ingredients together then add dried fruit. scoop heaping tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 15~20 min. Allow cookies to cool 3~4 minutes on cookie sheet before removing from cookies to cool on wire rack.
Now enjoy.

Oh and another great things about these cookies is that they save well. But we never save ours we have them for snack through the day.

   God Bless
   Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.