Here is our work box system. That we absolutely love! The picture above is what we use for our boxes. We found them at Wal-mart for $4.00 each but what I do is put what they are to do for the day and then as they finish the work in the box they put the number on a chart that is on the side of their desks. This has help them see how much work they have done and how much they have left before school is done.
Here is what is in each box.
- Box "1" they have their devotion book a Bible and their journal. The older 2 read their devotion for the day, study some scriptures then they write in their journals. While they write in their journals I start to read for the Bible and Will and Croix listen and we all discuss what we just read.
- Box "2" We have our Math. We use Math-u-see for them. The curriculum we use suggest Saxon but we have switched to Math-u-see because they seem to understand it easier.
- Box "3" we combine a few things because we do not have enough boxes yet. In this one they have they Language Arts, vocabulary words and copy writing. What I plan to do is separate them up a little more so they only have one thing in each box.
- Box "4" Is their reading book that I choose from the Robinson Curriculum that we use. These books are awesome! The kids really seem to enjoy them.
- Box "5" We have Science and History in this box. I want to have separate boxes for these too. For science I found some old science text books from and antique store from a local school and for History we use books from the Robinson Curriculum
Here is where they put their numbers after they finish the boxes.
This just happens to be how we store our boxes right now.
I just can not say enough about this system! It has helped us so much. Okay mostly me because I am less stressed about making sure I do not forget about something they need to do that day. Now I have it all set up and no more worries. Also they get done a little faster because well I have competitive children and they are always looking to see what box the other one is on and who will get done first.