Sunday, February 2, 2014

Clean eating Chili

If you are all like our family. We love some chili! 

I love it when I can make soups for supper. I'm sure I could make it year around but i don't think we would enjoy it here in our part of the country where it's nice a humid. 

So anyway I would like to share with you mine. I used to make it way different and was nervous to try something different. This clean eating is kind of hard sometimes. I pretty much bought all the ingredients from a can. That was just how I made it from way back when we first got married. I guess it was one of those "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" But I fixed it because it was broke. Being not healthy for us to eat makes it broken. 



Clean eating Chili 

1 T olive oil
1 large red onion
6 garlic cloves chopped
1-1 1/2 pounds ground meat 
4 T ground cumin
1 t ground coriander
4 T chili powder
3 fresh tomatoes (diced)
1 vegetable bouillon cube dissolved in 3 cups water
1- 6 oz can tomatoe paste
1- 15 oz can tomato sauce
2- 15 oz kidney beans

Sauté onions, garlic cloves in oil. When translucent add ground meat. Brown meat. (You can do this in a large soup pot or transfer to crock pot from your skillet)

Add meat and all other ingredients to crock pot and cook. Drain beans first. I usually let it cook for a couple hours on low but if you cook it on the stove it should only need to simmer 30 minutes. Serve.  

I hope you enjoy it as well as we do. 

God Bless,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.