Thursday, January 30, 2014

Enchilada bake

We love Mexican food so much around here. 

Well Brooke and I love authentic Mexican food which the rest of the crew like I guess you call on American Mexican food. 

I had a friend I used to work with that we would car pole to work together, and sing along with the sound track to Greese, but that's for another day *smile*. 

Anyway she said to me (her being Hispanic) that us white people make Mexican food taste so good! Why I asked? Because we add things like sour cream and other seasonings to things that makes it so yummy. 

So I guess that is what Mexican American food is. The same thing but altered with well some nice and fatty things like sour cream. 

So I guess I have on of those Dishes to share with you. 

It is basically enchilada but easier to make and is set up like lasagna in layers. 

Enchilada bake

12-16 whole wheat tortilla (find these in my recipe area)
1-2 pounds ground meat (depends on how meaty you want it)
1 can black beans (organic if possible)
2 cans red enchilada sauce (organic if possible)
1 can green chille sauce
Shredded chedder cheese (depends on how cheesy you want it)

The reason I buy cans of enchilada sauce is because I can not seem to get homemade sauce to taste right. 

First you will need to brown your meat with a little salt then add black beans. 

In a medium sized bowl mix all 3 cans of enchilada sauce and add a little to a 9x13 dish. 

Tear up tortillas over top of the sauce. Then start you layers meat/beans then sauce and cheese then start over again using tortillas. Make as many layers that you want. I usually make 4. On the top layer it should be tortilla, sauce, then cheese. 

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let it sit for a couple minutes before cutting and serving. 

You can top with whatever you like. We use sour cream, salsa, and lettuce. We also serve with a side dish of rice mixed with salsa and cheese. 

I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe. We sure do. 

God Bless, 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.