Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Free Meat!! Yep, I cut up a deer all by myself!

   Yes you read that right Free Meat!! So that is what I received a few days ago. A whole deer. Well not the whole deer just the meat of the deer in buckets frozen. I was very excited and we are very blessed to have received all of this meat for free. Someone just decided that they didn’t need this deer. So they gave it to me. All I have to do is process it.

 

    I had a plan of processing it with a veteran but things happened and I had to change a little bit of the plan. We received it in 3 buckets frozen. I have a cube deep freeze and only 2 buckets would fit into it. We left the other bucket out in the garage because it was very cold out anyway and it would be fine. Well it got a bit warmer and the bucket began to thaw. Some friends of our are going to help with the grinding of the meat and such but they will not be helping for a week from that day that it was thawing. I then had to decide what to do with it. Well that was a no brainer and I opened her up and started cutting.

 

    This girl is not a country girl and I have never once seen anything cut up like this. I was well scared to say the least. But I had to do it. Vince had no idea what to do with it so he stood there for moral support I guess *smile*.  I did stop and ask him if I looked scared. He said that I looked like I know what I was doing *smile*. I told him I have no idea what I am doing. Basically what I did was just cut some into I guess the size of cubes you would use for stew meat. Then I cut some about the size of a roast. It took me about 45 minutes to do 1 bucket worth which gave me about 15 pounds of meat ready to go!

 

    The next 2 buckets I will probably grind most of it at my friends house later this week. I am also planning on canning some of it too. I think with the baby coming this will be very handy in the those first few weeks.

 

    I will say again what a blessing this is. God provides so much for us. God is so good. Wait he is Great!!

God Bless,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.