Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A 1940’s Christmas Homecoming.

I am very excited that I will be a part of the community choir program this winter.

We have had a few practices already and they are going great! I am looking forward to the day we actually perform. I am singing 1st soprano in this musical which I was nervous about but my voice has surprised me being able to hit those high notes. After practices I can not speak very well. Which is understandable because I  have not sang this much and that high since high school. 

Now for the fun part of this musical is that we get to dress up in the 40’s era! I have had a blast looking at all the different styles and as of the last couple of days I have been playing with my hair. As I looked through pictures of women and their hair styles I was very overwhelmed and assumed I would have to have someone do it for me. But I Was able to find a few blogs out there that have videos on how to do everything from pin curls to victory rolls. So the last 2 days I have did pin curls and I am going to tell you I love this! I am just loving being able to take a shower after my work out and let my hair air dry and put pin curls in dry hair do my make up and go about my day at home and then when I'm ready to head out the door or if I know someone is coming over I take them out and I have beautiful curls with no damage to my hair which is the best part. But I do have to say that this whole 40’s look I am LOVING!!!!

Here are a few hair styles I have been working on and let me tell you they are way easier then you think!

40s due 2

I love this look.

40s due

Got to love the Victory rolls!

1940's hairstyles_2

But this last one is my favorite so far.

I will keep you all posted when I find my dress and so on.

God Bless

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.