Sunday, July 17, 2011

Working Girl……..

The Leibert family household has become a 2 income family. Vince and I took a Dave Ramsey class at the beginning of 2011 what a great class that was. So we have been working on our budget and doing good watching our debts fall. As we were working on our next couple of months we decided that the debts were not falling fast enough. We would like to be debt free (except our house) in 1 year and then our house in 3-4 years. So as we were working on the next couple of months we both decided for me to get a job to make it go faster. So I started working last Thursday at our local hospital in housekeeping. I did this when I was 18 for a few years and they had a full time position so I applied and well they hired me right away. It was nice to see that some of the same people were working there that did when I did before. It was like a little reunion. I will be working 40 hours a week and the latest I will get off is at 3:30pm so that is great!

         You may be wondering if I am will keep homeschooling and the answer is YES!! There are a few changes with our schedule though. We decided when I was going to find a job that we would switch the 2 older kiddos to a computer program to make that a little easier on me. The program is Switched On School House. So now all I have to do for Brooke and Vinny is to set the days up and the program does the rest. Okay it doesn’t do all of it. It does at least do all the lessons and give the assignments, test, quizzes and grades. What I will have to do is grade things like there essays and projects. So that right there is going to help me out a ton! For Will, I get assignments ready and Brooke tells him what he needs to do and helps if she can. All I have her tell him to do is just math and Language Arts, then I  help him with the other subjects after work. Croix is going to my dads house during the day and I will do his K4 curriculum after work too.

        I am so blessed to have such wonderful children that they are willing to help out around the house more and are being responsible for doing their school work without me there and to stay together all day. Brooke has been learning to cook and do things like that for a while now and is doing well with that so there is no fear of the kids going hungry. My dad is going be such a help since he will be dropping in to check up on them during the day. I just have to keep in mind that this is only temporary. Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.