Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Easy homemade natural deodorant

I  This is a super simple recipe. You honestly need only three ingredients. And the best part is it's all natural.

I have been using natural deodorants for a few years now. It was no fun at first. You have to kind of go through detox. That can mean a lot of sweating and lots of stinky pits. Yuck! But it honestly only lasted a couple weeks. Totally worth it!

One thing you do have to remember when using natural deodorant is that they don't keep you from sweating. That is actually the aluminum that you get in your deodorant at the store that keeps you from sweating. I will let you do your own research on aluminum and the fact that it can have on your body but trust me it's not worth the deodorant. The goal of deodorant is to keep you fresh. Sometimes you may have to apply it more than once a day. But really that's only a few seconds out of your life. 

Okay so let's get down to business.

Super easy natural deodorant 

You are going to need. 

1/4 cup aluminum free baking soda
1/4 cup arrowroot powder (you can use cornstarch but it's better all around to use arrowroot)
6-8 Tbls coconut oil
3-6 drops of essential oils (optional)

Enable add your arrow root powder and your baking soda. Now mix it up. Then add your 6 to 8 tablespoons of coconut oil. Now you can use a fork which works the best to blend well.


This is what it look like when I was mixing it.
It looks kind of like frosting when you're done mixing it. This is when you add your essential oils if you would like. I used lavender in this recipe. 

Make sure to give it a good stir after you add your essential oils. 

Then you will need to put it in a container. You can reuse an old deodorant stick. Just clean it up. This is what I did. 


As you're putting it into the deodorant stick you kind have to bang it on the counter a little bit to get it to you even out. I had a little bit left over and I just put it in another jar for later use. I've been stuck it in the fridge to make sure it's nice and solid. Coconut oil will melt becomes a liquid at believe it's 72°. So during the summer those hot months you may have to just put your deodorant stick in the fridge. 

There are many other recipes for natural deodorants. I just thought I would share one of the easiest ones with you. Maybe I will share some other ones with you later on.

I hope you enjoyed. 

God Bless,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.