Monday, April 14, 2014

Stuffed chile peppers

Whoot Whoot !! This was hit on our house this evening!  

That is a large feat to accomplish here at the Leiberts. 

I have been getting Bountiful Baskets for a few months now so we get produce that I have not used much or tried. 

This time we received 8 chile peppers in each basket along with all of our other goodies. (I will blog about bountiful baskets soon) 

So I decided to make stuffed chili peppers. I didn't want to use chicken or bacon that most recipes use but you sure can add them to this. 

Stuffed Green Chile Peppers

8 green chile peppers
1 package cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheese

First of you will need to through all the peppers in a pot of boiling water and boil for 4 minutes. 


Then remove them from the water and let them cool. Dumped them into my cleaned out sink. I thought it would be easier. 

After they have cooled, slice them open. I just sliced down on side of each one. Don't do through  both layers. 

Next you will need to rinse all those seeds out. 

After that let them sit and dry out a little while you mix together the cream cheese and shredded cheese. I use Colby jack because that's what I had on hand. I think pepper jack would be yummy. 


After you have mixed the cream cheese and shredded cheese together. You then just stuff the peppers with it. And put them in a pan and bake at 400 for 35 minutes. 



I served them as a side dish with tacos. But Vince put taco stuff on them and he said they were even better. He even packed 2 of them for lunch tomorrow along with taco meat and salsa. 

I have some more so I will be adding something new in them next time along with the cheeses. 

I hope you enjoy. 

God Bless,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.