Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Making Breakfast easy

Okay making it easier.

So we struggle with getting Brooke and Vince to eat something healthy or at all in the morning. Since Brooke is the only one going to Public school and has to be there at 5:30 am for cheerleading practice. I am not going to wake up and cook her something.. So what she does in eat toast most days or dry cereal well that is not going to keep her going until lunch time. Then there is my wonderful husband that will go to the gas station to pick up a coke and a roll smh…..

So I would like to share a few ideas for the morning rush to help you out.

Breakfast Burritos

I made about 20 smaller burritos with this.

  • 1/2 pound pork sausage (or whatever sausage )
  • 12 eggs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • shredded cheese
  • And any other toppings. (my kiddos are very picky when it comes to peppers and things like that so I just don’t add them but I am sure it would make them yummy)

Brown sausage. What I do is cook the whole 1 pound package and only use half of it and save it for something else. Remove from pan scramble eggs add salt and pepper. When those are done mix back into the pan the sausage.

I then laid a few tortillas on the counter and added a couple of scoops of the egg and meat mixture and then sprinkled some cheese. I then rolled them up and wrapped them with plastic wrap. You then can freeze or put them in the frig.

To heat just pop in the micro wave and enjoy.

Waffles

I make up a few batches of these let them cool laying them on a cooling rack. After the cool completely I put them in zip lock bags of servings sizes of 2 then freeze. Just take them out and put them in the toaster. We have to toast ours 2 times.

Breakfast cookie

I make up 2 batches of these and freeze some and if you just set them out the night before or even just a few seconds in the microwave.

 

We really try to stay away from processed cereal but some days we just have to eat it. I hope you can take something from these ideas and help your mornings go smoother. 

 

God Bless,

Jen

1 comment:

Have a Blessed day.