Friday, August 24, 2012

Our daily Schedule

Just thought I would share a couple of pictures and our daily schedule. We are in the full swing of school this year. During the summer we have been doing more of a relaxed schooling and now it is time to buckle down and get some serious work done. Okay so not that ruff. But we are doing more of a scheduled day. So here is what our schedule looks like on days where nothing get mixed up.

  • 5:00 am wake up Brooke for School / cheerleading practice
  • 5:25 am take Brooke to school
  • 6:00 am personal Bible time
  • 7:00 am shower and get ready for the day
  • 7:30 am start a load of wash
  • 7:45 start breakfast
  • 8:00 am wake boys up
  • 8:30 eat breakfast
  • 9:00 am ~ 10:00 am morning chores
  • 10:00 am I read Bible story to boys
  • After I read bible time we start the rest of school. We start with Math including flash cards (memorization is very important). I teach the lesson then they work on it. Next we start Language Arts, spelling, While Vinny does his reading lesson Will does his reading lesson with me.
  • 12:00pm they both read while I am making lunch
  • 12:30 pm eat lunch
  • 12:45 pm Vinny leaves for band at the middle school
  • While Vinny is gone I help Will finish up school. We work on science and social studies. Usually he is done with school by the time Vinny returns from Band.
  • 1:45 pm Vinny returns and we do science and social studies he then finishes up anything he needs to finish then he practices his instrument. (when he decides what he wants to play)
  • After everyone is done with school it is free time for them and for me it is time to do my homemaking chores that I didn’t get finished in the morning.
  • If your wondering about Croix he does his school things right along side of me. There is usually time in between me teaching the boys something and them doing there work on their own that is when I do Croix’s Kindergarten. If you think about Kindergarten it really is mostly play along with some sit down learning. He is doing well. He is right on track. I am not pushing him at all I let him lead his learning. He is very excited about learning. I haven't had to tell him yet that it is time to get started on school he is sitting next to me waiting for me to help him start the next thing. I want to make sure he loves to learn and not to start thinking it is a chore. Learning is a life long process.

This is Will working on his Language arts. Do you see our sticking our charts behind Will these are incentive charts. We have them for good behavior and for finishing Books. Each sticker earns so much money. 

255252_3906310169050_943846759_n

579942_3906312009096_1836469563_n

Here is Vinny reading out of his science text book. We read this together out loud. I feel like he retains more information when he reads out loud. We then notebook what he learns. This really helps him retain the information. I do the same with Will.

Well that is what our school day looks like. There are days we need to go to the library for library class, field trips, doctors appointments, grocery store and well what ever else life brings to our days. I do have to say that a schedule does help us stay on track. It helps daily life go smoother.

God Bless,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.