Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lazy Daisy Cake with Caramel Frosting

IMG_20120718_181425

I wanted to share with you this yummy recipe that I just tried that I had written down to make along time ago. I found it in an old cook book that was made from a group of ladies at a church which was dated 1930’s. I am wishing I would of made this much sooner. It is yummy!! It has a different kind of texture to the cake almost spongy I would call it. You could also top it with any kind of frosting you would like but I chose Caramel frosting which I love. This frosting also goes great with cinnamon rolls. I also want to add that this is fairly easy to make so don’t be scared.

Lazy Daisy Cake

In a medium to large bowl beat 2 eggs well then add 1 cup of sugar gradually

In a different bowl mixed well together 1 cup flour (I used Wheat), 1/4 t salt, 1 t baking powder. Fold into egg mixture.

Boil together 1/2 cup milk, 1 T butter, then add 1 t vanilla. Mix this carefully into the above mixture. It will be hot. Batter may look odd but it will be fine.

Bake at 325 for 25 – 30 min. I used a square 9x9 stone pan.

IMG_20120718_180958

When min came out it was kind of stick feeling But I didn’t want to cook it longer of fear of it burning.

Caramel frosting

Mix in sauce pan

  • 2T butter
  • 1/3 cup Milk
  • 2/3 cup Brown sugar ( I used raw sugar since I didn’t have brown sugar I think it would be a deeper caramely color if you used the brown sugar but we just don’t use it)

Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 1 t vanilla and enough powdered sugar for good spreading consistency. (I didn’t not measure how much I used, sorry but I think it will just depend on you liking)

 

Wait until cake is cooled before frosting. Enjoy!

IMG_20120718_181425

I did have to taste this cake before we were going to eat it for desert after supper tonight,. The kiddos were not too happy about this but I had some friends on Facebook that wanted the recipe written up on here and they were not very patient about waiting *smile*. I am pretty sure they will enjoy it and I will then regret giving it to them this late because they will all be a bit hyper. oops……

   God Bless,

     Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.