Monday, June 5, 2017

We are back at it..... Homeschooling 2017-2018

You read that right. We are back at it! I am very excited about this.

We had to stop and send kiddos to school because when I had Drake baby #5 then shortly after him I became pregnant with baby #6 I honestly couldn't homeschool anymore. I started having seizures and I didn't want to hinder my children's learning. So off to Public school they went.

I then decided to go back to school myself. Yep you read that right too. I am now a licensed Cosmetologist!! This is something I wanted to do since I was young.

Now on to more important things.

The kiddos that will be home with me are Croix (10) Drake (4) and Reece (2). Croix will be in 5th grade and Drake will be doing PrK. Drake did PrK at his daycare while I was in College during the year and I will be doing it again with him this year.

So for Drake his school will consist of play, library story time, ABC Mouse (app on Ipad) and Rod and Staff    We used this program for Croix and I loved it. It needs to be used with play too.

For Croix

Reading - he will be using a free homeschooling site All in one Homeschool

Language Arts- will be from the same site here is the link to his lessons
  Now the next subjects can be found here




Social studies

Science

Math
Everything I have here I had on hand for Croix. We actually started schooling today. We will be doing 2 subjects per day since we are starting in the summer. I am doing this because I am now working in a salon.  go in at about noon and am there until around 7pm. But on my days that I will not go in I will have him do more Subjects or we will have hands on those days.

As for Drake I have the first workbooks that we didn't use with Croix. He was ahead of those books when I bought them for him. He will be doing lessons daily on ABC Mouse and then we will go from there what we will do. It depends on how he is that day. He is only 4.

Reece we will play and read and if he can join in with anything I will have him do so.

I am so excited for this year! I will try to post at least weekly.

I am hoping to encourage moms or dads who will be working and still want to homeschool. I will post about the hard times and the good times. I hope there will be more good times then hard.

God Bless,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.