Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Corn Dog Muffins

I have another yummy recipe for you all. This one is very kid and dad friendly. Basically you make corn bread and out it into lined muffin tins and cut hot dogs into 3rds and place one in each muffin. But I will give you my corn bread recipe. I do have to say I use fresh ground corn meal so this might make it different if you use store bought cornmeal.

IMG_20120807_180132-1

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
2 eggs
2 T. honey
¼ cup melted butter
1 cup buttermilk

Hot dogs

Mix all dry ingredients together, add eggs honey, butter and buttermilk. Set oven for 400. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and place a 1/3 of a hot dog in to each tin. Next you bake for 20 mins. Super easy and super yummy. If you want to make 24 muffins double the recipe.

IMG_20120807_172928

 

I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.

   God Bless,

     Jen

1 comment:

  1. These look so great and I can testify (because I've made them, that they are! My only complaint for these is that there's not enough hot dog to go around, so sometimes I'll chop up the hotdogs into small pieces and mix them into the batter and make the muffins like that. I've also been super lazy and poured the whole thing of batter into a 9x13 pan to bake. Served with some fresh veggies from the garden and some homemade ranch...mmmm. Thanks for the reminder of this simple, nutritious and yummy meal Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Have a Blessed day.