Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to school

back to school

        Its time to go back to school. I have been organizing and getting ready to get back into the groove of things. I think we all needed a little break to get back to being excited about learning and teaching. Snickers was so excited to start that he already started. But it is a sad day for me also because 2 of them are going back to public school. I am so not liking this at all. I still have to school Tootsie-Roll when he gets home each day from school because he is pretty far ahead of where the rest of the class is well more like he has already learned it. So I guess he is still homeschooled so he doesn’t become stalled for next year. Butterfinger will be starting something a little different this week. He will be doing more essays this semester then last. He will start of the semester reading about 50 famous hero's then move on to General U. S. Grant biography. Each day he will be writing at least a half to full page on what he learns about them daily. He said he was pretty excited to read about Grant because at Christmas this year he found out that his Great great great great grandfather Andrew Leibert was friends with and fought with Grant. So now he gets to read about him. Its so awesome to find out that your family was part of something so important like the civil war! We are still in our Gamma book for math I believe he is on lesson 23 and there is 30 lessons total then we can start his next math book and we hope to get that one done before summer starts. Then Snickers will be learning to read which he is super excited about.

       I am pretty excited to get the semester started but sad because 2 of my wonderful children will be heading back out of the house. I am happy that Vince will be taking them to school in the morning because I don’t think I could do it. I will continue to pray for them while they are away for safety on their bodies and their minds. I ask you all for prayers too.

   God Bless

     Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.