Our New Hampshire trip! What an interesting trip we had.
Here is Butterfinger and tootsie rolls student worksheet.
Here is what we learned on our trip!
- Located State and Capital (Concord) on US Map
- New Hampshire was designated the 9th state on June 21, 1788 and was one of the original 13 colonies.
- The state flag of New Hampshire was adopted on 1909. It has a blue field with the state seal of New Hampshire surrounded by laurel leaves and nine stars representing New Hampshire as the 9th state to join the union
- State Bird The Purple Finch
This is Butterfinger and tootsie roll watching a video of a Purple Finch
- State Flower The Purple Lilac
- State Butterfly: The Karner Blue Butterfly
- We learned all about Old Man of the Mountain
- State Amphibian The Spotted Newt
- US President Franklin Pierce, the 14th President of the US (1853-1857) was born November 23, 1804 in Hillsborough, NH.
- E.E. Cummings was born on October 14, 1984 in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Each year the NH Maple industry produces close to 90,000 gallons of maple syrup!
- More Historical places in New Hampshire
Next we added our sticker to the travel log.
I hope you enjoyed our trip with us. Next we will be off to New Jersey.
If you would like to learn more about or purchase this curriculum click on the picture below.