Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Home made coffee creamer.

Who wants to get rid of their flavored coffee creamer in the name of healthy eating? NOT I!!!

Well I love flavored coffee. I drink at most 2 cups per day. I really don’t drink it to awaken me or anything like that. I just love to sit with a hot drink in my hands in the morning before everyone else wakes up.

Coffee

internet picture

So I ran out of creamer one day and decided that I was not going to pay the big bucks any more for it. Plus you just never know what is really in it. I then decided to make it myself. I then went searching for a recipe. I found some really easy ones but I still did not know what was in them because they called for non dairy creamer along with things like hot cocoa mix and other mixes to make them. I felt like that was still unknown to me what I would be putting into my body.

The ones I ended up with I knew exactly what was in them. Vey simple ingredients that we all usually have in our homes. These recipes that I will give you  are made of items I have in my home all the time so they were super easy for me and it did not cost me any extra. That makes my budget happy. If you don’t keep things like heavy cream in your home just use only milk of half and half. They may not be a creamy but I bet they will turn out just fine *smile*

You can play with these and change anything you would like to make them sweeter or less sweet. The recipe I found had more cream in it but I didn’t need the extra cream so I took some out. So if you want it creamier  just add more cream.

Cinnamon strudel creamer

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 4 tsp. maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla 
  • 1/2 tsp. almond

In a sauce pan, whisk together cream, milk, maple syrup and cinnamon over med heat. Once it starts to steam remove from heat and add vanilla and almond extract. Pour into glass bottle and store in the frig for up to 10 days.

Chocolate Almond

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • 4 T maple syrup
  • 1 t almond extract

In sauce pan, whisk together cream, milk, maple syrup, and cocoa powder over med heat. Once it starts to steam, remove from heat and add almond extract. Put in a glass jar in the frig.

Pumpkin spice

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 T pumpkin spice
  • 3 T pureed pumpkin
  • 4 T maple syrup
  • 1 t vanilla extract

In sauce pan, whisk together cream, milk, maple syrup, pumpkin spice and pumpkin over med heat. Once it starts to steam remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Put in a glass jar in frig.

French Vanilla

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 4 T maple syrup
  • 1 t vanilla extract

In sauce pan, whisk together cream, milk, and maple syrup over med heat. Once it starts to steam remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Put in glass jar in the frig.

Peppermint Mocha

  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 4 T maple syrup
  • 3 T cocoa powder
  • 1 t peppermint extract

In sauce pan, whisk together milk, cream, cocoa powder, and maple syrup over med heat. Once it starts to steam remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Put in glass jar in the frig.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

God Bless,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a Blessed day.