We had a blast in Maryland! Each and every state we are learning so much! This is such a wonderfully put together curriculum. Here we go I hope you enjoy your flight with us to Maryland.
Here is what we learned about Maryland
- Located State and Capital (Annapolis) on US Map
- The state flag of Maryland was adopted on March 9, 1904. The design is taken from the Calvert family coat of arms, the colonial proprietors of the state of Maryland.
- State Boat is the Skipjack was designated the official state boat of Maryland in 1985.
- State Bird is The Baltimore Oriole
- State Flower is The Black-Eyed Susan
- State Crustacean: The Blue Crab
- We learned about The USS Constellation
was constructed in 1854 and is the only Civil War ship to survive the Civil War.
- About Harriet Tubman
We learned so much about Maryland. I so love homeschooling because I learn right along with the kids. If you would like to learn more about historical sights in Maryland follow this link.
If you are interested learning more about or purchasing this curriculum, click on the picture below.